Some time ago, back in the old days when I worked with Argent we used to have something called the Tuesday Quiz
Every week someone from the pool would set a series of questions and send them out. The rules for participation were very simple:
1) The questions had to be based on things you already knew
2) No sneakily looking up answers on the internet – you either knew the answers or you didn’t
3) Questions could be on any subject and the decision of the quiz setter was final.
4) That said there was nothing wrong with a) deliberately trying to catch people with your answers and b) arguing like mad over the stated answer
5) No more than 8-10 questions
So today, as a one off, I’m resurrecting the quiz – and an immediate warning here on two parts
a) some of the answers may not be as straight forward as you think and points may actually be deleted for an incorrect, or far too obvious reply
b) the answers will be posted on the comments page – so only go to comment once you’ve had a look
So – here are the questions
1) Back in the old days before interactive screens Teachers in schools used to use what substance to write on blackboards with?
2) In The Big Bang Theory one character has his nemesis in the shape of a science fiction actor – name the character and name the actor
3) After whom is America named?
4) What was the name of Captain Cook’s ship?
5) Name the first actor to play James Bond
6) Where were the first modern Olympic games held?
7) What was the name of the final Beatles album?
8) On the subject of The Beatles – can you name all the members?
If anyone would like to take up the mantle for a later week let me know, equally let me know how you got on