Tuesday 15 April 2008

A thanks to all

Thank you and much love to everyone who played over the weekend. For those of you who don't know a "Drabble" is a piece of fiction or prose that is precisely 100 words - it can be on any topic. Not everyone who joined in made the exact 100, but it would be unfair on the quality of the entrants to point that out here. Instead, a thank you to each:

Prada Pixie - perhaps you should use your time machine to pop back to Mr Cadbury and help him set up his business? The kind of Pixies i refer to are the ones that, when told "speaking to yourself is the first sign of madness" i tend to reply, "Ah yes, but it's rude to ignore the little pixies!" - but it's good to know that there are other pixies out there!

Liz - i don't know what to say, other than thank you for sharing. Every parent's heart should burst with love for their child and those who don't don't deserve oxygen.

Honour - the truth is in the eye of the beholder. If you travelled back to see your parents would you recognise them? They might disappoint you - we are all human after all.

A. Stageman - a beautiful idea, i love old bookshops and the thought of wandering through one and speaking to someone like Hemmingway! Wow! Again though, Hemmingway was a difficult man - would you really want to meet him and be disillusioned that he wasn't perfect?

Jenny - you sound justly proud of your mother's achievements. I don't know what else to say to you.

In fact - i feel so bad about the top level of response that i have expanded on my previous one sentence list of "seeing talking heads live" - below. Responses on the subject of music would be appreciated:

I always listened to music, but never had a say in it until I started working. The music I chose in those early years helped shape me into who I am. It was Talking Heads above all that taught me the beauty of the ordinary, with songs about buildings, food and jobs. There are thousands of languages on earth, but we join through music – losing ourselves and our inhibitions in the moment. Stop Making Sense changed rock concerts for ever and its music is part of me. Next stop would be to visit my great grandfather, but that’s another story.

3 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

Your right music is so important.
!968 was the year when it had the most impact on me, The Beatles Procal Harem, Scott Mckenzie, Fleetwood Mac etc. And then was the music I love most, Northern Soul. Bopping round my handbag to Jerry Butler et al.
Talking Heads is a band I have listened to coutesy of my eldest son who adores them, but they don't do it for me.Any more than the grime that youngest inflicts on me.... I just want to listen to Marvin Gaye!
pxx

If we don''t talk to ourselves who else is going to talk to me???

A. Stageman said...

The drabble was really fun. Thanks for the challenge :)

Liz Hinds said...

Bother, I didn't read the rules properly, did I? Exactly 100 words. Okay, next time.

Thanks for the challenge. My idea surprised me as it came out of nowhere.